Charles Méryon, Le Stryge
Charles Méryon. Le Stryge.
Etching on paper, 1853.
Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Williamstown, Mass.
Search the Clark library online catalog
Use the online catalog to search:
- by Title to find specific books that you already know about
- by Name to find books on a given artist or by a given author
- by Keyword to find books on particular topics
Research resources on prints and printmaking
Welcome to the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute library!
This guide provides links to core resources useful to researchers working in the area of prints and printmaking.
Use the contents list below, or use the tabs above, to find materials appropriate for different stages of the research process or different areas of research.
- General Sources on Prints and Printmaking
- Catalogues Raisonné
- Reference Sources for Artist Bibliography
- Print Serials
- Historical Surveys
- Published Print Collections
- Conservation, Papermaking, and Watermarks
- Signatures, Monograms, and Collectors' Marks
- Electronic Resources
- Internet Resources
See the box below to find guides to more specific or specialized areas of research.
More Clark library research guides
- Auction sales catalogs: find them, find what is contained in them
- Finding out about your work of art: A bibliography of sources in the Clark library
- Graduate students' guide to resources in art history
- Images: finding, using, and citing them
- Photography: researching its history, processes, and photographers
- Provenance Research at the Clark Library
- The Print: History, Theory, and Practice