Last Updated: Jan 7, 2014
- A&A : Art & Architecture A database of approximately 40,000 images from the Conway and Witt Libraries of the Courtauld Institute.
- American Cities: National Archives selection of photographs listed in this publication depicts the city. its development, and its people and their way of life from the early 19th century to recent times. They were selected for their aesthetic quality and historical relevance to the development of urban America.
- Architecture Visual Resources Library From the University of California at Berkeley, this database of images can be searched by period or topic, building or object name and personal or group name.
- ArchNet Digital Library Online resource for ArchNet, an online community devoted to the study of Islamic architecture, art, and culture.
- ArtServe, Australian National University This site provides thousands of images (including panoramas) of art and architecture, primarily of the Mediterranean Basin and Japan. Many other countries are represented as well.
- Cities Around the World A database of over 6,000 digital images representing over 450 cities from the photographic collections of Harrison Forman and Harold Mayer.
- Cities/Buildings Database A collection of imagery of buildings and cities drawn from across time and throughout the world, available to students, researchers and educators on the web. can be searched by name of building, architect/builder or country.
- Geography Network A global network of geographic information users and providers. Mostly free access to many types of geographic content including dynamic maps. The site includes population density maps and customizable maps from Census information, downloadable data, and more.
- Skyscrapers.com A searchable database with images and statistics to over 80,000 high-rise buildings from around the world. (The images may not be downloaded.)
- Vitruvio A searchable database of historical and contemporary architecture as well as architectural forums and resources.